I haven't posted lately, because, frankly, I'm too busy. Literally, if you added up all the things that I have to do in a week, it adds up to over 80+ hours. That's not including time for sleeping, eating, connecting with people, sex, or the occasional "oh my goodness, my best friend is freaking out and needs me" moment. I don't even have time to clean my cats' litter box. (Thank you, sweetheart, for doing that.)
Recently I've been evaluating why I happen to be so busy. Sure, graduate school is hard, and an honorable thing to do. I feel called to do it, or else I wouldn't be giving up so much that I want for a damn piece of paper that says I read a lot of books. But even if this period of my life is one of winter so that I may grow, I know God doesn't want me to be a stressed out, uptight, jackass who has no time for anything extra but sleep, food, and blogging at 1AM.
So I'm quitting two of my three jobs. It's a faith issue, really. I don't trust God to provide, so I try to do it myself. My husband's pay is mediocre, and when we return from a mission trip in Europe, he'll be unemployed. So I work, and work, and work...thinking that I'm the one making all this happen. I'm a real idiot sometimes.
What is even more bizarre is that I am a therapist. I help other people get their lives back by acting like participant observer in their lives. I guess it takes one to know one.
So, if my husband and I start to starve, will you peeps out in bloggerland send us some Ramen?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aww, shucks guys! That's really sweet. I don't think my parents or his would let us starve. ;) Kevin told me I made it sound like we are destitute, but I know we aren't. It's just hard to look at the cold hard, what could be's. Since I just did my last final yesterday, I'm not that stressed. We're on our way to get my parents at the airport now. :) Thanks guys!
Post a Comment