Wednesday, December 27, 2006

And another thing...

I have a younger cousing who will turn 14 next week. She's in 8th grade. She's the only child of my mom's younger sister. Aunt S was like a second mom to me while I was growing up, I love her, and my cousin. Via my cousin's MySpace page, I found out what she got for Christmas:

Laptop. laptop case, book, North Face Coat and a LABELERRRR!!!


OKay, I know that this was not a hard purchase financially for my aunt and uncle. But, good grief! Not that it's the same world, but I didn't get a laptop until I bought one to share with my husband this year at the age of 26. I bought my North Face coat for half price at a going out of business sale, and I had to save for a year for it still in college. And, darnit, why didn't I ask for a labeller?

To each his own, but I see my cousin headed for a life of spoiledom. Moreover, what the heck is she doing posting a bulletin on MySpace for all her friends to know what she got? I am from a rural area, I can bet you money very few if any kids got near what she did for Christmas. Sigh.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Im still trying to decide if I am going to feel confident and self-assured that I took the check my parents gave me for Christmas and instantly paid bills with it...or simnply ashamed. You know thats not what they were thinking of when they gave it.... But Im no deadbeat either.